[meteorite-list] William Higgins - Mooresfort Article - Among top 10 of Royal Society Pubs

Mark Grossman markig at westnet.com
Mon Mar 28 21:24:25 EDT 2011

Just a note of thanks to all those metlist subscribers who downloaded my
article on William Higgins and the Mooresfort meteorite that was published
in the Royal Society's peer-reviewed history of science journal, Notes &
Records of the Royal Society.

I just learned today that it was on the top ten list of the most downloaded
articles in 2010 - it came in as #7 on the list.  To see the announcement,
go to:

http://rsnr.royalsocietypublishing.org/site/misc/top_ten.xhtml

If you click on the link to the article, you can obtain a free download.
Because of the popularity of the top 10 articles, the Royal Society has
allowed free access to them throughout the year.

The complete title of the article is:

"William Higgins at the Dublin Society, 1810-1820: the loss of a
professorship and a claim to the atomic theory"

The article shows just how historic the Mooresfort meteorite really is!

Thanks again to everyone who helped to make the article a success.

Mark

Mark Grossman
Meteorite Manuscripts

http://meteoritemanuscripts.blogspot.com