[meteorite-list] OT Dormant Volcano in Brazil

cdtucson at cox.net cdtucson at cox.net
Mon Mar 28 13:22:25 EDT 2011

List,
This may be off topic but ,check out slide number 32. It looks like one of Tom Phillips micrographs of a giant chondrule in plain polarized light.
Too bad we don't get to see it with crossed nicols.

>               In the south of Brazil there is a dormant volcano that has
> always
>               captured the  interest of adventure-loving people.  If you
> are one of
>
>               them but think it  is too far to travel and join them or
> else if you see
>
>               that your level of  both financial and physical fitness do
> not  allow
>
>               Such adventure, then sit  back, relax and watch this amazing
> trip
>
>               inside earth.
>

>               Beware, do not ever  think you are  one of the first
> stepping into this
>
>               amazing inner river, pools, stalactites and stalagmites.
>

>               There are traces of man being there thousands of years ago.

http://cid-67758f45b7ca3b3f.office.live.com/view.aspx/%E6%96%B0%E8%BF%91%E6%94%B6%E8%97%8F%E4%BB%96%E4%BA%BAPPS/cavernoso.pps

Enjoy.
Carl