[meteorite-list] Martian Sedimentay Rocks: Where are they?

Walter Branch waltbranch at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 20 00:09:38 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

We all know that a long time ago, Mars had a lot of water.  Rivers, streams
lakes, ponds, oceans, etc.  Every bit of evidence we have leads to this
conclusion.

Why are there no sedimenrary martian meteorites?  They are all igneous.

Did sedimentation occur in a period after large meteorites blasted rocks off
the Martian surface (doubtful)?  Are they extremly fragile and would not
survive atmospheric entry (Doubtful)?  Have they weathered away (don't
know)?

Any opinions?

-Walter Branch