[meteorite-list] Jacksonville, IL

Sterling K. Webb sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 14 22:03:54 EDT 2011

The terminal event of this fireball occurred
SW of Virginia, Illinois, over a field where the
Arenzville, Illinois Fire Department was battling
a grass fire. The terminal explosion was directly
overhead for them. You can get the precise spot
from the Arenzville F.D.

The area along the flight line "down stream"
from there has been searched a number of times
by a number of individuals without any finds.
Doesn't mean that they aren't there, of course...

Sterling K. Webb