[meteorite-list] Oman prison saga

LITIG8NSHARK at aol.com LITIG8NSHARK at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 15:25:41 EDT 2011

Good afternoon Mike, Robert and  Folks,

MikeG echoes my sentiments exactly.  Its great to have you  guys back safe
and sound.  Welcome back.

Best regards,

Paul  Martyn,
Savannah GA

In a message dated 3/14/2011 3:01:02 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
meteoritemike at gmail.com writes:
Hi Mike, Robert and  List,

I concur with what some of the others said - I don't recall  anyone
being happy you guys were sitting in an Omani prison.  Of course,  when
the news got around, people did talk about it, and it did result  in
the expected debates about hunting, legalities, and the  like.
Eventually, everyone just shut up about it in public because we  didn't
want to add to your problem.

Now that both of you are back home  and safe, everything can return to
normal - or what passes for normal in the  meteorite world.

I don't think anyone would wish a foreign prison on  their worst enemy,
and if there are people out there who were happy to see  you guys rot
in a cell, then I would not want to have anything to do with  such
people.

Now, get some rest, try to unwind, and get out there and  find the
first American lunar.  :)

Best regards and happy  huntings,

MikeG

Mike  Gilmer - Galactic Stone & Ironworks Meteorites

Website -  http://www.galactic-stone.com
Facebook -  http://www.facebook.com/galacticstone
News Feed -  http://www.galactic-stone.com/rss/126516
Twitter -  http://twitter.com/galacticstone