[meteorite-list] Al haggounia 001

Jeff Grossman jngrossman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 05:33:18 EDT 2011

Reclassifications in the MetBull can occur when somebody submits to the
NomCom, or NomCom independently finds, sufficient evidence to warrant
publication of an erratum.  For simple errors, the evidence can be very
simple (e.g., "this meteorite was published as an LL5, but it actually
has Fa19 olivine, so it is really an H5").  But when things get
difficult or complicated, usually a refereed publication is needed to
document the claim.  Al Haggounia 001 is the latter case, and the
appropriate evidence has not been submitted or published, to my knowledge.

Jeff