[meteorite-list] POP QUIZ answer and winner

Shawn Alan photophlow at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 04:12:49 EST 2011

Hello Listers,

I would like to thank everyone that submitted their answers to me for the POP QUIZ, good job.

The question was....

Please tell me the first meteorite fall where radar Doppler was used to locate and recover fragments please.

The Answer is.....

Ash Creek

Great link explaining how Ash Creek was the first meteorite fall that was discovered on radar and how meteorite hunters were able to use this information in locating meteorites.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2010/pdf/1179.pdf

I would like to congratulate this Lister, however all I have to go by is this, csaconn at triadrrcom ..... Great job, they will be receiving a Sylacauga micro meteorite. Stay tune for another meteorite quiz and if you have any suggestions or ideas for questions, please email me.

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore
http://shop.ebay.com/photophlow/m.html

[meteorite-list] POP QUIZ Sylacauga micro give away
Shawn Alan photophlow at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 18:42:36 EST 2011