[meteorite-list] OREGON meteorites

poleflux poleflux at charter.net
Sat Jan 22 14:38:30 EST 2011

I have found a number of unusual rocks that I believe may be meteorites
in the alley behind my house in klamath falls oregon.  magnets do stick
to all of them.  there is one with holes round holes I know is not
likely to qualify as a meteorite but inside some of the holes there is
rainbow colored metal not chrytals but much like a lunar meteorite.
there are flow lines, fusion crust, and contains quite a bit of metal.
it is not like slag and does not leave the red streak like hematite.  I
have been looking into this and believe that it is worth a closer look,
perhaps a strewn field or wherever the alley rocks come from is or was a
possible meteorite site.  again I do not post this without education and
research and would like sometone to examine them further for the
scientific community.