[meteorite-list] Tucson Gem Show Question Trend?

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Thu Jan 20 15:29:34 EST 2011

Greg Catterton wrote:
> you guys need a better agent or something.... you can't use the
> video or the bike... do you get to keep what you find?

Dear Greg:

The Orange County Choppers motorcycle is an expensive and complicated
piece of machinery and current plans are (hopefully) for it to be
exhibited at the Discovery Communications headquarters building in
Silver Spring, Maryland. As such, the network didn't want it traveling
around the country at this time, which was disappointing for me
personally, but certainly understandable.

Not sure what you mean by we "can't use the video"? We screen DVDs of
our show all the time at public appearances, etc., and the network has
also given complimentary copies to all our friends who worked on, or
appeared in the show. I think the issue you may be referring to
concerned instances where entire episodes were posted on non-network
websites without permission. TV shows are © material and the network
doesn't like other people showing them without clearing it first. As a
business owner, I'm sure you can appreciate the importance of
intellectual property rights.

Yes, we do keep everything we find, except in specific cases (i.e.
Gold Basin) where we had a special federal permit and finds were
turned over to the National Park Service. If you're in Tucson for the
gem show, please stop by my room and you can see some of the more
interesting finds from both seasons.

We've been so busy with existing commitments that we don't actually
have an agent, but if you know a good one please let me know.

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.meteoritemen.com