[meteorite-list] Core samples from chondrites

Meteorites USA eric at meteoritesusa.com
Fri Jan 14 16:04:08 EST 2011

Forwarded to the list for Sean Murray
--------------------------------
Folks,

Does anyone have experience taking a core sample from a chondrite for
repository / classification. The purpose would be to preserve certain
exterior characteristics by taking ~25 grams in a core and keep the 5gm
crusted plug.  As a side note, considering most cores I found online
were marble cutting using water or a coolant, I would also be interested
if the process could be done dry, even if the cutting bit is wasted in
process.

Sean