[meteorite-list] Frederick MD meteorites? shown

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Tue Jan 4 17:47:05 EST 2011

>>I like the comment that the  "meteor" was slow by his standards
> clocking in at a mere 500 miles per  hour and that a dragster could
almost beat
> it.<<

I haven't  been following this thread, so I don't know what has been
brought up previously.  I did for some reason read this one message out of
curiosity to get a pulse as  to what the topic might have been about and the
statement above caught my  attention. I was wondering if this guy is claiming that
he saw a  meteor that was glowing when he clocked it at 500 miles per hour?
At 500 miles  per hour, that would be way too slow of a speed for a meteor
to be seen at an  incandescent phase. I wonder how he came about his
estimation?
GeoZay