[meteorite-list] I'm curious

J Sinclair john at meteoriteusa.com
Mon Jan 3 20:59:22 EST 2011

Hi Everybody.

I haven’t posted much on the list for the last several years. When I
was active, I think there were about 800 members. Now according to
Art, there are over 1300.
Amazing.

I have a couple of questions. I have some old meteorite stock (and
some recent material too) that I want to sell.

As Sellers
How are you most successful in moving inventory?  Is it by a website
or a list with “sale” prices or is it by auction with a low opening
bid and then hoping for the best?  Or, are there other options that
work well?

As Buyers
How do you most like to buy? Is it buying from a list or website with
fair (sale) prices or is it buying at auction and hoping to get a
really good deal?  Or, are there any other ways that work well for
you?

I just basically want to move some inventory I’ve had stashed and I’m
pondering the best way to do it for both buyer and seller. It's not a
fire sale but I like a “win–win” situation.

Thanks.
John Sinclair