[meteorite-list] IMCA] RE- Customs holding packages

Brian Cox searchingforfun at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 23 12:31:40 EST 2011

Thanks Jeff,

What the heck should we use? Now, after you pointed this out, I don't want
to use any HC-Harmonized Code.

I do remember that code 7103 and 7102 from before and now I think about it,
I actually didn't use it since I was afraid it would get someone's attention
who might want to steal gemstones or in the case of 7102 ,which is for any
kind of diamonds, rough, unworked or simply sawn, etc. If you look under
http://hts.usitc.gov/Table%2025.xml it gives you every kind of other rock,
asbestos, sandstone, cement etc., but nothing really that seems perfect for
meteorites.

I looked up the 7102 on the http://hts.usitc.gov and it gave 20 categories,
all of the rough diamond listings below. I don't think we should use those
either, since someone might think they're rough diamonds and turn into a
mole and swallow them at the shipping company or the Customs Department. If
they swallow Murchison they might turn into a Super Human or an Alien.  ;-)

Thanks,

Brian Cox

Search Results
20 Results Returned
7102      Diamonds, whether or not worked, but not mounted or set:
7102.10.0000                  Unsorted
7102.21          Industrial:
7102.21          Unworked or simply sawn, cleaved or bruted:
7102.21.10              Miners' diamonds
7102.21.1010                  Carbonados
7102.21.1020                  Other
7102.21.3000                  Other:
7102.21.3000                  Simply sawn, cleaved or bruted
7102.21.4000                  Other
7102.29.00              Other
7102.29.0010                  Miners' diamonds:
7102.29.0010                  Carbonados
7102.29.0020                  Other
7102.29.0050                  Other
7102.31.0000                  Nonindustrial:
7102.31.0000                  Unworked or simply sawn, cleaved or bruted
7102.39.00              Other
7102.39.0010                  Weighing not over 0.5 carat each
7102.39.0050                  Weighing over 0.5 carat each