[meteorite-list] [IMCA] customs holding packages

Brian Cox searchingforfun at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 22 06:29:13 EST 2011

    Warren, this VAT-Value Added Tax has been a big discussion and a pain in
the EU-European Union for the past few months, especially heavily discussed
since Europeans and people in other countries are complaining more about it.
Things were bad enough shipping to Italy and their pony express method of
delivering snail mail, and thus now most sellers on ebay won't ship to Italy
and most shippers from everywhere in the world don't want to ship to Italy
because it's so slow there, but now you have this added VAT and it's a real
pain. Many ebay sellers as you know state in the auctions they won't ship to
Italy and now I'm seeing many more not shipping to Mexico.

I gave up on DHL 5 years ago since I would order products from St Martin/St
Marteen and they always went to their god awful headquarters  along the
Kentucky/Ohio border. Twice they opened the package and then DHL charged me
between $65-$100 because Bubba and his cousin Larry and his brother Larry
and his other brother Larry didn't like something comin' from no gosh dang
country that had a French flag flyin' from it, since them frogs didn't help
the U.S. of A. fight in Iraq and Bubba and the Larrys wouldn't eat none of
them dang French fries. You get my drift and you know my sense of humor.
Yes, folks in France and those that don't know me, I am making a joke about
how people talk and act along the Ohio River area of Cincinnati, Ohio where
DHL has its large hub, but it's true. I think they really didn't like that
island or St. Barts since they have been rumored to stop packages written in
French at the DHL hub. I gave up buying from St. Martin and just bought from
the warehouses or stores in the U.S. that carried their products.

Your best bet is, as has always been done, "Mineral for research" $5.

Have a great day!
BC