[meteorite-list] Auction Policies

fallingfusion at wi.rr.com fallingfusion at wi.rr.com
Sun Feb 6 11:56:40 EST 2011

Good morning everyone. I am wondering what auction policies  are for absentee bids placed in a live auction. Is the highest maximum absentee bid normally announced to the floor bidder(s) that is/are actively bidding on that particular lot? I would find such a practice to be of advantage to the bidders in attendance, especially when the amount is announced just moments before the hammer is being raised for last call.

Ryan