[meteorite-list] LOSS OF METEORITE BY UPS

Doug Ross doug at dougross.net
Tue Dec 20 00:57:34 EST 2011

Very sorry to hear about the missing package.  I'm not sure what carrier can be trusted anymore.  I recently had to bite my nails for a full month waiting for an "airmail" package to arrive from Germany....so USPS isn't looking very reliable.  I've never personally had a problem with FedEx, but they don't offer insurance, and I've heard that they have a reputation for not reimbursing full value in the event of a loss.  And I've heard lots of horror stories about UPS.

BTW, what ever happened with the two planetary individuals (one lunar and one martian) that went missing a few months back?  Was that UPS, too?

Doug Ross
doug at dougross.net