[meteorite-list] California's second witnessed fall, Red Canyon Lake now official!

Sean T. Murray stm at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 29 01:40:08 EDT 2011

Congrats Robert!

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Ward
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 11:44 PM
To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Subject: [meteorite-list] California's second witnessed fall,Red Canyon Lake
now official!

Hello list. In 2007 I spent two weeks triangulating a large fireball
captured by the Yuba City Sentinal camera, and witnessed by thousands in
California. I organized a sizable search exploiting several avenues of
rather unusual nature as the region was remote, being some twenty miles from
the nearest road. A single stone of 18.4 grams was recovered, an H5
chondrite. Here is the link to the Meteoritical Bulletin regarding this
fall.    http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=53502