[meteorite-list] NEW PALLASITE in UNITED STATES - AD

wahlperry at aol.com wahlperry at aol.com
Fri Aug 26 17:09:33 EDT 2011

Hi Guys,

Way to go! Great find.

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Gheesling <dave at fallingrocks.com>
To: meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Fri, Aug 26, 2011 3:13 am
Subject: [meteorite-list] NEW PALLASITE in UNITED STATES - AD

Hi List,Robert Ward and I had preferred that Karl Aston make this
announcement tothe meteorite list, but Karl is evidently having trouble
making his post.Rather than rewriting the same message, I've just
copied Karl's intendednote below and am sending on behalf of the
group...All the best,Davewww.fallingrocks.com<<Dear List,I am pleased
to introduce the Conception Junction pallasite to the
meteoritecommunity.Robert Ward, Dave Gheesling and I have been working
on this project, inconjunction with Dr. Randy Korotev and Dr. John
Wasson, for almost two yearsnow, and it is a pleasure to present this
beautiful pallasite to themeteorite community here on the meteorite
list.Information about the Conception Junction pallasite, available
specimens,and its monograph (authored by Dave with contributions from
Dr. Wasson), canbe found here:
www.conceptionjunctionpallasite.comLimited material will be available
to the private collector community, as weare holding specimens in
reserve for institutional placement.My personal website,
www.olderthandirtmeteorites.com, is in the early stagesof development,
but it will contain more information about this new Missouri(my home
state!) meteorite soon.Warm regards,Karl Aston>>Dave GheeslingIMCA
#5967www.fallingrocks.com