[meteorite-list] Light and sound event over North Eastern Pennsylvania 20...

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Apr 17 09:38:51 EDT 2011

>>The light was so intense I saw it  through my closed eyelids indirectly
reflected
off the walls inside  walls.  4-5  seconds later "(flash-to-bang) was a
huge
rumbling,  echoing, and persisting  report-- very unlike a normal
lightening and
thunder event.  Given we  were in the midst of an intense rain  storm which
otherwise had no  thunder and lightening, I held off on  making a report .

However in a  conversation with a friend  who was 25-30 miles away, he
mentioned
a huge  flash and loud sound  also. I am therefore mentioning it should a
fireball  have fallen  during a rainstorm and might other-wise go
unnoticed.>>

It seems to  me that to hear loud sonics  within about 5 seconds after the
bright lite  appearance, is rather too short of a period to be meteorite
related. It could be  I guess, but it just seems too short.
GeoZay