[meteorite-list] Question for dealers re: displaying sold items

MEM mstreman53 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 01:11:43 EDT 2011

----- Original Message ----
> From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman at nvbell.net>
I would appreciate your thoughts on this.   For a long time, when I
> was updating a "sold" item, I left the asking price  visible.

Norm, I prefer the asking price be left--we understand that some deals  are made
to special clients but the world need not know the specifics that is why we call
it an asking price.  I think that is a good compromise between removing it
immediately and leaving it up for the time you have a particular meteorite in
inventory.  Future resale is in most --but not all cases more than a week from
purchase to resale.  I can't see how the asking price being listed on the
website would influence a short term sale anyway.

Elton