[meteorite-list] Montana/Sask event, 07 Apr 0920 UTC

Marc Fries MFRIES8 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 9 21:14:36 EDT 2011

Howdy all

	I've got limited internet access at the moment, but could someone have a look at the town of Opheim, MT as the possible location of the Montana/Saskatchewan fireball reported for 07 Apr 2011, ~0920 UTC?  Specifically, a location southeast of that town but not over the county line.

    	This fireball was reported on AMS as event 381a and 382b.

  	Approximate coords:  48.746170 N, -106.190109 W

	I see a potential meteorite signature in data from the KGGW radar near that location, with radar returns from near ground level up to ~84,000' altitude.  Rob Matson and others, could you check me on that?

Cheers,
Marc Fries