[meteorite-list] NYT story

jeff hodges hodgjt at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 20:08:54 EDT 2011

I have been silent on this list too long.  I know that Anne Black, John Kashuba,
Myself and Many, Many others on this list have lent and or donated material to
those poor underfunded researchers that have led to significant new findings and
understandings of planetary mineralogy.  Without all of us and the interest we
promote about meteorites to the general public, Worldwide research would soon go
the way of the Australian Scientists.  And that is a fact.  It takes more than a
handful of Scientists with limited resources to procure the vast amount of
material that people like us have given them the opportunity to study.  Thus
making unprecedented leaps and bounds in the understanding of our Solar System
and the Universe alike.

Jeff Hodges
www.meteoritethinsectiongallery.com