[meteorite-list] tatahouine

MEM mstreman53 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 14:09:46 EDT 2011

Erics post about his opinion of what was or was not list business was responded
to off list --as he demanded but did not do himself.  I also repeated for the
nth time my desire to be removed from his mailing list for ebay auctions..sigh.

My post about a specific incidence of questionable "Ethics".   In the meteorite
hobby, ethics extends beyond "which country allows or doesn't allow meteorite
export".  When someone is potentially breaking a law then it is legitimate
discussion--especially when they are so in your face about it and freely posts
the details to the list.  When someone is posting what most might believe to be
personal details (e.g. TMI )then it is also fodder for list discussion when it
raises the specter of fraud or abuse.  Under that license, I addressed a
questionable activity to ensure that ethics were in fact being adhered to.
Seems the enablers don't care truly care about ethics-- just situational ethics
and protecting their diseased cows at the risk and expense other cow herders.

None of us wants Steve to "inadvertantly" violate any laws--especially any that
would bring discredit to the hobby. I think he was fairly notified that someone
IS looking over his shoulder just in case.  This is a good thing as Martha might
have said during her stint up river.

Elton