[meteorite-list] Other hobbies?

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 10:54:56 EDT 2010

Hi all...just got back from my 9 day  canoe trip on the Green River in Utah
and found this interesting thread.  So...here's my list of hobbies...

1) Ten years of serious meteor  observing...don't do it now.
2) Scenic and Still Life Photography...Very  active about 30 years
ago...took a break for about 20 years and began again  these last 8 years.
3) Fishing...not as much as I use to, but put a pole in  my hands and the
juices flow again.
4) Meteorite collecting on a minor  scale.
5) gold prospecting...not as much this year due to the California
Moratorium on dredging.
6) Genealogy research of my family...Been doing this  for about 40 years.
My Gr Gr Grandfather was a Texas Ranger in 1850 and also  fought with Gen.
Sam Houston at the Battle of San Jacinto that ended the Texas  war of
independence.  Recently found out that I'm an 8th cousin to Edwin  Hubble.

George Zay