[meteorite-list] AD: New L6 Chondrite for Sale

Matthew Martin mmartin at meteoritetreasures.com
Thu Sep 16 03:25:19 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to introduce you to a brand new stone--NWA 6160
(Provisional).  It's a beautiful L6 chondrite (W1/2, S2) which would
make a handsome addition to any collection, large or small.  Many
easily affordable pieces are available, but with a TKW of only 333g,
there's not much of this to go around...only a few dozen pieces and
that's it!

I submitted it for analysis due to it's unusual aromatic perfume like
odor, but the analysis did not provide any clues to the origins of the
odor.  I was told, however that it does have trace amounts of native
copper.

The analysis report from Dr. Irving at the University of Washington is
as follows:

Largely recrystallized with some indistinct chondrules.  Olivine
(Fa24.2-24.6), orthopyroxene (Fs20.9-21.3Wo1.8-1.7), sparse
clinopyroxene, sodic plagioclase, chromite, kamacite and troilite.

For a list of available specimens and pricing, please visit the
following link:

http://meteoritetreasures.com/nwa6160?___store=default

Shipping is only $2.50 to anywhere in the world via first class air
mail.  Insurance is additional, if desired, and is the responsibility
of the buyer.  Please email me using the "contact" links on the page
(or reply to this message) to let me know if you're interested in
something.

Mention this message and I'll give you 10% off your entire purchase.

Aloha,

Matthew
Meteorite Treasures
www.meteoritetreasures.com