[meteorite-list] Another meteorite millionaire wannabe

Adam Hupe raremeteorites at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 15:16:22 EDT 2010

I forgot to mention NAU is now off of the public classification services list
along with ASU; two very prominent meteorite classification powerhouses now gone
within the last year and both from Arizona.  They seem to be dropping out one by
one at an alarming rate.

I am not trying to be overly dramatic.  I just see things going the wrong way
the last couple of years.  More and more land is now off limits including my
home state of Washington.  This really upsets me because I tied a goal around
finding one there.  The late Richard O. Norton warned that this could happen
over a decade ago.  He was one of the first to recognize that responsibility
would translate into preservation if managed properly.  I listened to him for
several hours at a private party in Tucson over ten years ago and his points
were well received.  I feel almost guilty for being so complacent but now will
openly mention issues that bother me.

Best Regards and happy Hunting,

Adam