[meteorite-list] The ANSWER. Very strange Nickel Iron structure in a NWA chondrite

m42protosun m42protosun at t-online.de
Tue Oct 19 17:15:55 EDT 2010

Hello interested list members,

Phyllis Budka  abudka at nycap.rr.com , has  made an educated answer!

Narrower (other) investigations be me have proved that the observed alloy appear only in a Xenolith of the meteorite.

I had already supposed that the bubble strukture are a sort of precursor of Widmannstätten pattern.
The theory of the origin under Microgravity is logical, because of the oval/spheric-shape.

The other part of the meteorite shows iron droplets with the well-known Widmannstätten pattern.

Look to the photo on

http://s345.photobucket.com/albums/p384/m42protosun/Bubble%20iron/

m42protosun