[meteorite-list] Try divining rods over a large iron

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Oct 14 00:24:55 EDT 2010

He isn't offering an opinion on theoretical physics. He's talking about a
phenomenon which there's no evidence he has studied, and he's talking about
physiology, about which he was not an expert.

Einstein is stating a philosophical viewpoint, not a scientific one. He
wrote a good deal about philosophical matters- much of it rather amateurish.
So I'll stick by my original assessment: in this matter, Einstein's opinion
carries no special weight. This is an absolutely classic example of the
fallacy of appeal to authority.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory