[meteorite-list] Barringer Meteor Crater

GREG LINDH geeg48 at msn.com
Sun Nov 21 14:27:03 EST 2010

  Patrick,

  Thanks so much for sharing those photos.  I didn't realize that there was a time when one could hike down to the floor of the crater.  I'm so jealous!  I love the crater.  I live about 2 hours away from it and I get an annual pass, as I go there about once a month.  It's my favorite place to go when I need to unstress and just "chill out".  These past two years, I've practically lived there.  My favorite place is the high perch up on the hill to the left of the visitors center.  I go up there, sit on my favorite boulder, tilt my head back and just bask in the sun.  Oh yeah, I also look down into that great cosmic hole in the ground.  Sometimes, I listen to my IPod, but no matter what, I *always* enjoy myself, and come away more grounded and more relaxed.  We could all use more of that these days.
  Thanks again, Patrick.

  Greg Lindh