[meteorite-list] Mojave Green Jeans - Images of a Killer Snake

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 15:25:18 EST 2010

>>Not sure the ice thing would be a  good idea. The DoD, suggests that ice
is a cause of amputation in snake  bites (see link below). Also the CDC
and WebMD discourages the use of ice in  the treatment of snakebite.<<

I was in the Fire Service for 30  years and I'd swear that the treatment
for snake bite varied almost yearly. Not  sure what the current method is now,
but doing something is better than doing  nothing. For sure try to keep the
victim calm, quiet and not physically active.  I'd avoid the ice and put a
light restricting band between the swelling and the  heart. Don't suck with
the mouth, but use a suction device. Don't cut across the  fang marks and
get to a doctors care ASAP. Those are probably the major things  in regards to
snake bite.
GeoZay