[meteorite-list] CAI from Allende in ultra hight resolution

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 18:25:50 EST 2010

>>with my new reflecting light  microscope I have fotographed a CAI from
Allende in ultra hight  resolution.
The magnification is 600x and the original picture has a size of  12,000 x
9,000 pxls.
This picture shows the Melilite (CAI) crystal  structure, which never
before was fotographed in a meteorite.
The picture was  made under cross polarized light with shadowing technic.
It is a matrix cluster  of 6 x 5 pictures.<<

It kinda reminds me of large hail stones that  clump and cluster together.
GeoZay