[meteorite-list] Not a missile -- a jet contrail

Richard Kowalski damoclid at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 21:01:30 EST 2010

I'm not so sure I agree with you Rob.

The original footage is here:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2010/11/09/pentagon-cant-explain-missile-off-california-coast/

The trail looks like many other rocket launches I've seen in twilight. Note the appearance is a vertical climb and then arcing over, down range.

Note too that there are no other contrails in the sky.

I certainly hope it is a contrail, but it looks very much like a submarine launched ballistic missile.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography