[meteorite-list] Catalogue cards..

Mark Grossman markig at westnet.com
Mon Nov 8 08:58:39 EST 2010

Hi,

I believe Sergey's label website is similar, if not based on, the
Mineralogical Record's Label Archive which has been around for years.  It
does not address meteorite labels separately, but then again it has entries
for Charles Upham Shepard and Krantz.  For example it has several labels
that Charles Upham Shepard used over the years, mainly for minerals, but
possibly for meteorites as well.

If you want to see the website go to:

http://www.minrec.org/labelarchive.asp

If you go to the top of the page, there is a drop down box where you can
choose a mineral collector and pull up the biography and specimens of sample
labels.

If you go to the bottom of the page, there is a link which will take you to
an introduction to collecting mineral labels, and another link which will
take you to a list of label donors and sources.

So I would recommend that collectors interested in the history and
collection of labels take a look at both Sergey's website as well as the
Mineralogical Record website.

Mark

Mark Grossman
Briarcliff Manor, NY