[meteorite-list] Petroglyphs

Adam Hupe raremeteorites at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 13:06:13 EDT 2010

Dear List,

The most petroglyphs I have ever seen in one place is about ten minutes from my
house here in Laughlin, Nevada.  There are literally thousands in a place called
Grape Vine Canyon.  I found many caves and a waterfall nearby while looking for
meteorites. I didn't find any meteorites but did find a fulgurite and the
skeletal remains of a giant tortoise with an old transmitter attached to the
back of its shell in a box canyon.

It can be reached by a trail off of a dirt road that goes through Christmas Tree
Pass.   Now is the perfect time of the year to hike with the temperature
expected to reach only 86 degrees today.

Here is link:
http://www.forsythlv.com/grapevine.htm

Best Regards,

Adam