[meteorite-list] Micrograph gallery post Lunar crust and Lodranite

Starsinthedirt at aol.com Starsinthedirt at aol.com
Thu May 27 11:57:28 EDT 2010

I know I look insane answering my self but while  sending NWA 2371 images
to Carl (and more specifically, selecting which ones to  send) I made the
observation that the dentrites are within an only slightly  altered existing
matrix structure.  This means the material was not  completely melted/accreted
but was heated to the point of melt with out total  alteration of the
matrix.

So, as Carl suggested, some part of the  interior (although only less than
a 1/4 mm) was getting quite hot.

Tom  Phillips

In a message dated 5/27/2010 9:27:21 A.M. Mountain Daylight  Time,