[meteorite-list] Oh, buoy! Two new meteorwrongs!

MEM mstreman53 at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 21:33:00 EDT 2010

It is beyond me that two "professional" geologist made it through sophomore year and didn't learn to identify slag on sight-- OR that they could mistake slag for obsidian OR that they would even entertain the thought that this is a ejected specimen from Iceland.....( shaking head).

I could understand not knowing a meteorite on sight, as meteorites are only now making it into geo-science courses but in today's age of digital media there are still hold outs to going online, apparently.

Elton