[meteorite-list] AD - New Collector Rock TRADE

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun May 23 14:20:05 EDT 2010

>>Geodes - Hauser Beds, Southern  California
>    - Uncut 'nodules' up too 8cm  across.
>    - note, some may not be hollow  inside.<<

Just so that some folks are aware about the Hauser  Beds...Back in the 70's
I dug up a couple hundred of these geodes and opened  everyone of them up.
The heavy one's were the nodules (solid inside) and they  didn't look too
bad, but weren't very colorful. The hollow one's were a bit of a
disappointment. They weren't really all that pretty. The one's that had  crystals, the
crystals were small. A good lot of them had no crystals at all and  contained
some kind of pink stuff. These went into the land fill as fast as I  could
crack them open.
GeoZay