[meteorite-list] Mars Odyssey THEMIS Images: ET?

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sat May 22 15:27:53 EDT 2010

On Sat, 22 May 2010 10:57:14 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>No one even made mention of the pictures.

Actually, people did.  In my first mention of the book, I called your analysis
of the pictures "profoundly insane nutbaggery."  Then Elizabeth Warner pointed
out this: http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2010-May/065030.html

I then pointed out what she was discribing-- and you are the victim of-- is
called "pareidolia" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

People are discussing your photos-- it is just that whatever world you live in
is so far seperated from the real world in every possible way (from the cosmic
like structures on Mars to the practical like what people pay for books)  that
you fail to see it.

>Are they scared to face the fact that there are buildings on Mars?

No, most of them are of the type that, when they see obvious insanity, they
quietly back away.  I, on the other hand, have the character flaw that when I
see obvious insanity, I like to poke it with a stick and see what happens.

It isn't all bad, though-- I was inspired to give your book some free publicity
on a reading forum that I follow!  See:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84297