[meteorite-list] WI Meteorite Hunting Statistics

Rob Matson mojave_meteorites at cox.net
Sun May 9 15:31:37 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I agree with Greg as far as how best to tally food expenses
while "in the field".

> When I went to PA looking for the fall, food cost more then
> 2x what we normally would have spent. It cost more (than)
> travel costs. In my opinion, food should be counted to an
> extent of above and beyond normal costs.

In my case, I would actually have to apply a *discount* to
my hunting expenses for going to Wisconsin. Restaurant prices
there were less than half what they are for a comparable
restaurant in southern California!  :-)  By the way, our
favorite dinner place was Tony's Tap in downtown Mineral
Point:  excellent bacon cheeseburgers.

--Rob