[meteorite-list] Arizonans Find Largest Meteorite Fragment From Spectacular Midwestern Fall

Jeff Grossman jgrossman at usgs.gov
Wed May 5 09:04:13 EDT 2010

This has come up before, and again I have to take issue with this
usage.  It is absurd to call a piece comprising <10% of the total
recovered mass the "main mass."  That is contrary to the historical
usage of this term.  Folks on the list love to coin pet terms, so here
is a proposal: call it the LKM (largest known mass).

BTW, if Marvin Killgore flies the stone to Amsterdam on Jan 15, then we
might have MK taking the LKM on KLM on MLK day.

Jeff