[meteorite-list] On Now! - Sodom & Gomorrah on Science Channel

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sun Mar 28 23:42:23 EDT 2010

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:05:13 EDT, you wrote:

>I just watched this program. It's left  me wondering where are all those
>meteorites from billions of tons of debris that  supposedly fell on Sodom and
>Gomorrah? If that one nearby town was found, then  surely nearby there
>should be a fanny load of meteorites laying about just  waiting to be scooped up.

I haven't seen the show Isounds like National Enquirer quality stuff though) but
not only does nobody know where Sodom and Gamorrah were, nobody knows for sure
if they even actually existed, or if they did exist-- when.  Here's an article
from mid-2009 which (along with the comments at the end) show how little
agreement there is on the subject:

http://www.bib-arch.org/e-features/sodom-and-gomorrah.asp

Will their next episode be postulating bioluminescent bacteria as the
explaination of why Rudolph's nose glows so bright?