[meteorite-list] Electric metallic blue inclusion in Ensisheim

Shawn Alan photophlow at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 00:22:15 EDT 2010

Hello List

Tonight I took this photograph of my Ensisheim that I got a couple weeks ago. I noticed when I first got the meteorite this intense metallic gold vein going at a diagonal angle and within the vein there is this electric metallic blue inclusion while viewing it through my 60x loupe. I remember last month there was a thread about Buzzard Coulee Blue Inclusion and I think some people had suggested that this inclusion might be Bornite. I am not sure if this discussion was completed but I would like to add my hypotheses on what it might be from my meteorite. I think it could Troilite because the vein reminds me of pyrrhotite which is FeS,Troilite, which is common in meteorites in varying degrees. Has anyone ever seen a electric metallic blue inclusion lke this in Ensishem before? And what are your thoughts it might be?

Shawn Alan

 http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4437467502_86fab042c2_b.jpg