[meteorite-list] pronunciation of L'aigle

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sat Mar 13 20:26:51 EST 2010

>> L'aigle is an easy one. * aigle * is  the " eagle "
> in English but let's talk about its  pronunciation:<<

Well...while we are at it, how do you pronounce  "Sikhote-alin" ? You can't
begin to imagine how I was pronouncing it until I  heard someone actually
say it aloud about a month ago. Figured it had to be  right because it was
easier to get thru the lips. I now understand it to be  pronounced like
this...Sid-coat-e-a-lean.
That's from the point of view of  english speaking people. Am I close or am
I still off?
GeoZay