[meteorite-list] Running the Sahara

Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 18:12:13 EDT 2010

Hi  Folks,

This is partly off-topic, but I thought it was worth sharing.

National Geographic has an interesting documentary running about 3
marathon runners who embark on a journey to run across the Sahara
desert from Senegal to Egypt.  Along the way, they pass through some
areas that are familiar to meteorite enthusiasts - Mauritania, Niger,
Libya, etc.  The film does a great job of showing the landscape and
local cultures of the Sahara.

I couldn't help but wonder - did these runners pass by any meteorites?
  My eyes would have been peeled for meteorites during my entire run
if I was one of them.  But of course, they weren't out there to find
meteorites.

Here is a link to the website about the show - http://www.runningthesahara.com/

It's worth a watch just to see the landscape. :)

Best regards,

MikeG