[meteorite-list] Who is Omarty Al Shareef?

Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 13:12:34 EDT 2010

Hi List,

Is anyone else getting reams of junkmail and invites from someone
named "Omarty Al Shareef" ?

Most of the emails are in arabic and the ones I can read appear to be
spam of some sort.

I am asking the List, because he has occasionally CC'ed his emails to
several other meteorite dealers from this List, and I am wondering if
someone knows something about this character.  I tried politely
responding to him at first and asking him to remove me from his
mailings, and when that didn't work, I blocked his email address.  But
now I am getting all kinds of invites from third-party services that
are originating from him.  What is this person's deal?

Best regards,

MikeG