[meteorite-list] image 79 Jason Utas' Iron Photos. Spacers?

MEM mstreman53 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 14:12:13 EDT 2010

Dear Jason,

Regarding Image number 79 of your Picasa Iron photo page:

<http://picasaweb.google.com/MeteoriteKid/Irons#5417262630959925810>

This shows what looks like gray spacers/cushions between each layer of the sliced iron.  They appear to be roughly equivalent in thickness and contour of each sawcut.  I am curious as to how you made the inserts or are these also slices with some coating that gives them contrast?

Interesting technique regardless and I am sure labor intensive.

Regards,
Elton