[meteorite-list] Grayton [was: I (Heart) Lovina]

Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 21:50:58 EDT 2010

Hi Bernd and List,

Florida is not a very hospitable environment for meteorites.  I am
surprised that any are found at all.  Much of the terrain is difficult
for hunting and the moisture levels are overwhelming.

I spent a few hours last week at Clearwater Beach, metal detecting
with my stepson, and all we found was a few pocket-spills, some foil,
and some bottle caps.  No big meteorites or Spanish armor
unfortunately. LOL

Thanks for the reminder about the info on Mr. Weir's website - I
forgot that he had a nice writeup about Grayton and Florida
meteorites.

Best regards,

MikeG

http://www.galactic-stone.com