[meteorite-list] Colorado fireball/meteor 6/6/10

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Jun 7 08:58:23 EDT 2010

Dropping meteorites is probably more about entry speed and final height than
anything else. I think there is good reason to believe that the great
majority of meteorites are produced by quite small fireballs. We tend to get
focused on these huge fireball events because they are so widely seen and
well documented, but they are probably the exception. Of course, they are
the ones likely to result in falls with really large strewn fields, but that
isn't typical for most meteorites.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory