[meteorite-list] AD Tamhakht, Ureilite and NWA's

Tomasz Jakubowski illaenus at wp.pl
Thu Jul 22 07:06:42 EDT 2010

Dear List Members,
I have some specimen for sale :
- Tamdakht H5, two specimen.
First 261 grams, with nice primary and secondary crust.
Second 114 gram specimen with also a nice crust.
http://picasaweb.google.pl/illaenus/Tamdakht02#

- NWA xxx 929 grams nice shape, fresh crust. Really lovely piece.
http://picasaweb.google.pl/illaenus/NWA929Gram#

- NWA xxx 420 grams, probably LL type, fresh crust and interior.
http://picasaweb.google.pl/illaenus/NWA420Grams#

- and I still have a Museum Sized Specimen of Ureilite NWA 6069 weight
1828 grams.
Photos :
http://picasaweb.google.pl/illaenus/Ureilite1877Grams#
Specimen is little oriented in my opinion (hard to show it on photos but
have a good shape).
Texture is typical for monomict ureilite, triple junctions, vein like
area filled by graphite and diamonds, shocked stage is low, in cut
surface You can see dark coarsely grained texture with mm sized olivines
and pyroxene. Size of specimen is : 145x120x85mm, piece looks better in
hand. I found a lot of diamonds using Raman Spectroscopy (not only
typical diamond but also hexagonal diamond - Lonsdaleite).

Any question please send to illaenus at gmail.com

Best Regards
Tomasz Jakubowski
IMCA  #2321