[meteorite-list] Its official! NWA 6291 "The King of Angrites" for sale -...

Adam Hupe raremeteorites at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 22:05:02 EDT 2010

Hi Jason and List,

I do not refute Melinda Hutson's article that was never peer reviewed and
contains several errors according to the classifying scientists.  I asked
scientists about the article and they stated, it is obvious that she didn't read
the original peer reviewed abstract carefully, even mistaking the type of
petrology that was discussed using formulas that simply do not apply to the
texture NWA 2999 exhibits.

There were several prestigious coauthors listed in the original paper; Unique
Angrite NWA 2999: The Case For Samples From Mercury.

Who am I to argue with the world's best?  I will keep an open mind and hope for
some ground truth that will hopefully settle it once and for all.  I think the
authors were making a point of having an open mind and that the subject should
be debated possibly stimulated more scientific interest in Angrites.  It took a
long time to win over the scientific community that some of these meteorites
were actually from Mars.  It was debated to death and now nobody argues about
the Shergottite parent body any more.

Best Regards,

Adam